Wednesday, July 16, 2008

How did you hear about Etsy?

Back in November of 2007 I had gone to my first class reunion. I won't say of how many years. But none the less it was a great time and I got to see people I haven't seen in years.

A few of the people that had put the reunion together had also put a website together so that we could go back and look at the pictures that were taken that night to remind us of how old we got. http://class77phs.homestead.com/

Well on the website it had a feature that you could add your website if you were self employed. I figured what a way for me to advertise my jewelry and for free, so I signed up my blog (this blog actually). But I never really used it the right way. I would just take pictures and post them with titles and details of my jewelry and every once in a while send out an email to my friends letting them know I made new pieces.

Then Cindy one of my former classmates sent me an email and told me about Etsy. I had seen Etsy shops come up every once in a while when I would Google for beads or finding for my jewelry but never really thought much of it. She said it would be a perfect place for me to sell my jewelry, so I figured what did I have to lose. I had a separate account for my jewelry $$ and they say you have to spend money to make money. So I sign up with Etsy in December of 2007. And that was it. Haha..

In mid February of 2008 I finally posted my first items and sold my first item February 25th. I was so excited!! It was a turquoise and sterling silver anklet.



I have sold many items since that first day and hopefully will continue to. I enjoy all the people I have met through Etsy and all that I have learned, especially how to promote myself.

And because of Etsy I am now using my blog the right way!!

Cindy has been on Etsy for a while http://www.karmicbook.esty.com/ she is a Portraiture, Fine Art, Artist and you can see some of her work at, http://www.cindylambert.com/ and it is beautiful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, i really like your themed feature. that is a clever idea. and you have some really cute jewelry pieces in your shop.