Sunday, November 01, 2009

Crock Pot and Skillet Recipes



How many of you work full time yet still come home and cook a full dinner? Well I do and I have to admit I am just to tired to do it every night. And I refuse to stay in all day Saturday or Sunday cooking for the following week while everyone else is out enjoying themselves.


So now that I got that off my chest.... I'm looking for some either Crock Pot recipes, quick skillet recipes or even some great filling salads.


Here are a few of my quick and easy recipes:

Shrimp and Pasta dinner for 4

1 Bag of jumbo uncooked frozen shrimp (peeled)

2-3 cloves garlic sliced

1 small onion chopped

1 jar of clam juice (chicken broth works well also)

1 box linguine

*salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, crushed hot pepper seeds season to taste*

*Put a pan of water on for pasta while cooking shrimp

I add about 1/4 cup olive to a large skillet on medium/high heat

When oil is hot add garlic, onion, Italian spice, salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes or until garlic and onion are soft. Once garlic and onion are soft add frozen shrimp, cook about 3-5 minutes (I use 8 per person). When shrimp are pink on both sides add the clam juice and heat through. Toss over linguine and enjoy!!


I love salads and always have salad fixings on hands. Some of my must haves are goat cheese, feta cheese, walnuts, sun flower seeds, avocado
calimata olives and red onion

When ever I make a grilled or broiled chicken breast dinner I always cook an extra 3 for salads.

Grilled Chicken and Avocado Salad

Get any type of salad mix you desire. I personally like Dole's Spring Mix.
Slice up your chicken, avocado and red onion.
On a platter put your salad mix and then layer your sliced chicken, avocado and onion. Sprinkle on some feta cheese and olives.
The salad dressing I like for this salad is a Lemon Vinaigrette.
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

1/8 cup lemon juice

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

pinch of salt

*ground black pepper to taste




Beef Stew in a Crock Pot
1 package of stew beef
1 cup sliced carrots
1 medium onion
4 medium potatoes peeled and cut
1 cup sliced celery
First thing in the morning put all ingredients in the crock pot cover with water add salt and pepper, 2 tablespoons of gravy master.
Put on high should be all set when you come home.






After dinner relax with a nice glass of wine!!






















3 comments:

Enzie Shahmiri said...

You have a lovely blog ~just dropped in to say hello to my blog followers!

Hot Rocks said...

Crock pots are the BEST!! Great for a healthy meal that is ready when you get home.

The Little Miss said...

I’m new here to your blog and wanted to “pop” in to say hi! : )
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila